That time is long gone when the healthcare industry was affected just by medical services expected by the patients. Today, the healthcare industry is affected by several factors like growth of the corporate sector, medical tourism, insurances, etc which further affects medical service at hospitals and patients' expectations. This drastic change over the past few years led to the formation of national & internal regulating bodies that offer accreditation to hospitals that satisfy the defined criteria of quality assurance in the healthcare sector. National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Provider (NABH) is India's governing body for the healthcare sector.
What is National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Provider (NABH)?
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programs for healthcare organizations. the board is structured to cater to the much-desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for the progress of the health industry. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation. NABH also has international linkage:
- NABH is an Institutional Member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (lSQua).
- NABH is a member of the Accreditation Council of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
- NABH is on board of the Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
Why you should go for NABH Accreditation? Well, all the Stakeholders of the Healthcare Organizations are benefited from NABH Accreditation. Have a look at brief information about key benefits for each stakeholder.
How does NABH benefit the Patients?
Patients are the key beneficiary among all the stakeholders. Following are a few of the patients of the benefits gets:
- High quality of care and safety for the patients.
- The patients are serviced by credentialed medical staff.
- The rights of patients are respected and protected.
- Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
- Uniform care and emergency services are provided to all patients as per the laws and regulations.
What does it mean to Healthcare Organizations?
NABH Accreditation to a Healthcare Organization stimulates continuous improvement.
- It allows the organization to demonstrate its commitment to quality care and patient safety thereby ensures the best clinical outcomes.
- It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care organization as services provided by credentialed medical staff.
- It also provides an opportunity for healthcare units to benchmark with the best and creates a mark of international recognition for any hospital.
- Accreditation status also provides a marketing advantage in competitive health care.
- The HCO standards having been certified by ISQua gives an international recognition which will also help to promote medical tourism.
- Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties.
What's in NABH for Medical Staff?
The staff in an accredited Hospital is satisfied a lot as it provides for continuous learning, a good working environment, and leadership. Efficiencies and competencies of staff also get improved in an accredited Hospital.
It improves overall professional development, knowledge and competencies in systematic ways with defined ownership and accountability of all the staff including Medical and Para Medical Staff.
How do paying and regulatory bodies benefit from NABH Accreditation?
NABH Accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure, and level of care.
Are you looking forward to getting your Healthcare Organization, NABH Accreditated?
We know you might be having lots of questions... How to get NABH Accreditation for your Healthcare Organization? Whom to contact? What are the Standards to follow? And a Lot More…
Well, we the "Shreeji Healthcare Consultancy" are well equipped to answer all your queries and can guide you to get your Accreditation through our "Accreditation & Quality Management" Service.
Get in touch via 6354721824